Pros and Cons: The Bachelor Apartment in Ottawa
The Greater Ottawa area has so many great apartments and properties for rent, you’re bound to find a rental that suits you perfectly! Whether it’s a bachelor apartment, a one-bedroom, or something even bigger, most apartments in Ottawa have something for everyone.So how are you going to choose the perfect apartment? The size of a bachelor apartment in comparison to a one-bedroom apartment is not the only difference that each unit has to offer. In fact, there are many more qualities that you should be aware of before choosing the perfect apartment to call home. Don’t let the size of your bachelor apartment deter you from renting one in Ottawa.Below is a list of benefits of bachelor apartments in Ottawa:
Lower Price:This is a definite “pro” if you are looking to save a few dollars every month off your apartment’s rent. A bachelor apartment is definitely your best option in Ottawa if you’re a single person willing to swap the layout of a traditional one-bedroom apartment for a more affordable space. On average, a bachelor apartment in Ottawa is about $100 to $200 less expensive than a one-bedroom apartment in Ottawa.
Less Space Can Be More:This should be considered a benefit if you are willing to use just a little bit of imagination in your apartment. There are many unique rentals out there with different layouts that can benefit from a little spicing up. Here’s a quick list:
- Paint your walls a light colour, and paint your borders a dark colour. This neat little optical illusion makes your apartment walls seem further back, thus making the room appear larger;
- Use multi-function furniture like a chest that can be used as a coffee table. This can really help to make your apartment appear to have it all;
- Mirrors can make your room look larger. Use a focal point and angle your mirrors towards it, which will give the illusion of depth, making any apartment’s room appear larger.
For more space enlarging tips, check out “5 Tips to Fooling the Eye”
Opportunities for Organization:When you have less to work with, you generally have to come up with unique ways to organize your apartment’s stuff. Think about height. Having tall shelves in your apartment is an excellent way to organize your things. Stack, stack, stack and you’ll have more space to organize yourself.
Less Furniture:One of the biggest worries for Ottawa’s apartment renters always seems to be the need for furniture. When you are renting a bachelor apartment, fewer pieces are required. This means you can put your money towards higher quality pieces, or something more luxurious for yourself.
Bachelor apartments have many benefits when comparing them with one-bedroom apartments. Imagination and an acute eye is all that is required to make your new bachelor apartment in Ottawa look and feel its best!
For more information on Paramount Properties, visit our listings
Looking for an Ottawa apartment for rent? Paramount Properties is Ottawa’s second largest residential property management and apartment rental company. With 7,000 Ottawa apartment rentals available in some of the city’s finest locations, we’re your #1 choice when it comes to renting an Ottawa apartment.
Now Renting for Immediate or October
- 2 Bedroom Apartment Starting at $959 + hydro
- 3 Bedroom Semi-Detached/Double Starting at $1199 + utilities
- Ask About Move in Bonus!!!
Now Renting for October
- 3 Bedroom Semi-Detached/Double Starting at $1149 + utilities
- Ask About Move in Bonus!!!